Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Tell the story of Samson.
2. Tell a story about Samuel, OR one of the adventures of the ark of the Lord.
3. What is "the birthday of the church"? What happened on that day?
4. Tell about the first martyr, OR about Philip and the Ethiopian.
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of Cupid and Psyche, or Echo and Narcissus, or Niobe.
2. Describe a scene from The Incredible Journey.
1. Underline the Subjects (noun phrase) and circle the Predicates (verb phrase) in the following:
a. Sunday quickly became her favorite day of the week.
b. She and Abigail were always good friends.
c. The people must have access to the truth.
d. Abigail's trip to Washington was not a happy one.
2. Tell whether each bolded word is a noun or a verb:
Sweet is the lore which Nature brings;
Our meddling intellect
Mis-shapes the beauteous forms of things:--
We murder to dissect.
3. Fix the punctuation and capitalization in the following sentence: what are we to do now I asked
1. What do you know about Paul Revere's Ride, the Battle of Bunker Hill, or Valley Forge?
2. Tell about the Declaration of Independence.
3. "I haven't begun to fight yet." Tell the whole story. Or, discuss the relationship between Thomas Jefferson, and John and Abigail Adams.
1. Tell about the fall of the Bastille.
2. What do you know about Frederick the Great, Catherine the Great, or Dr. Jenner?
3. Tell about the Reign of Terror or Napoleon in Egypt.
1. "The Upper Mississippi made the Lower." Explain this. Or, Discuss some boats that changed the Mississippi River.
2. What is the difference between a fast flood and a slow one?
3. Describe a river from where it begins to where it ends.
Natural History and General Science
1. Explain how Madame How's great ice-plough has helped make the ground on which we live.
2. Tell what you know about pollen, and why plants need insects.
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here.
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If a toy car and a toy truck on a scale weighed 1 pound together, and the truck weighs 10 ounces, how much does the car weigh?
2. At breakfast the temperature outside was 66 degrees F. At lunchtime it had gone up 8 degrees F, and then by dinnertime it had gone down 6 degrees F. What was the temperature at dinnertime?
3. If 3 + n = 20, what is n?
1. Make sentences using the second person singular, present tense ("you hear...")
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2019 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.