Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Discuss in detail two of God's attributes.
2. "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light." Explain the significance.
3. What message did Isaiah give to Hezekiah after the visit of the Babylonian envoys?
4. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Comment on this.
5. Explain the water that "will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Describe your favorite character from Silas Marner.
2. How did greed affect Pakhom? Or, describe life for a Russian peasant in the 1800's.
3. What is right with the world?
1. Write sentences showing correct use of "whose" and "who's."
2. Is the italicized word an adverb or adjective?
She dances gracefully.
This is an easy test.
3. Give words in which the following suffixes occur - able, ful, ion, ive, ive, ious.
4. What is a preposition? Give four examples of a prepositional phrase.
5. Parse the sentence, identifying: 1) the part of speech for each word; 2) for nouns and pronouns, the number (singular, plural) and case (nominative, objective/accusative, dative, possessive/genitive, vocative); 3) for verbs, the tense (past, present, future), voice (active, passive), and--if applicable--person (first, second, third). (Teacher: you may ask the student to provide more or less information, as appropriate.)
In landscapes the painter should give the suggestion of a fairer creation than we know.
1. Explain: "With [Lincoln] vanished the only protector of the prostrate South."
2. Give an account of John Quincy Adams' opinions of slavery, or the role of Uncle Tom's Cabin in the American slavery debate.
3. What do you know about Queen Victoria?
4. What do you know about Benjamin Disraeli or Gladstone?
5. Give an account of post-Civil War American reconstruction. Or, what do you know about the South African (Boer) War?
6. Discuss the gag rule.
1. Describe "Turkish travelling" with baggage horses.
2. What do you know about Constantinople?
3. 'The most interesting of all the Greeks are the mariners.' Explain. Or, tell what you know about the monks of Palestine.
Natural History and General Science
1. "Everything that animals do, atoms do." Explain, with details.
2. "It is not possible to predict exactly what will happen in any circumstance." Explain.
3. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
4. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. How many races are there? Why does our stance on racism matter?
3. How do we show prudence in our choice of friends?
4. Are we free to think whatever we like? Explain.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If a point (7, 4) is reflected across the y axis, where is that reflected point?
2. Is it cheaper to buy a 16-ounce bag of chips for $5.99, or a 22-ounce bag of chips for $6.25?
3. What is the slope of this line: y=2x+9?
4. How many milliliters are in 0.0428?
5. If a juice is diluted with 20 percent juice and the rest water, what is the ratio of juice to water?
1. Tell, in your foreign language, what five things you would take to a desert island, and why.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2019 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.